Digital Accessibility Rights Education (DARE) Academy: Apply for the DARE Academy Scholarship Fund
July 22, 2021
The Digital Accessibility Rights Education (DARE) Academy reflects G3ict’s mission to “Promoting the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the Digital Age.”
DARE Academy Scholarship Fund is G3ict's pilot program dedicated to opening new potentials for persons with disabilities who are interested in and passionate about advocating for digital accessibility and to get certified as professionals in the field.
If you are interested in getting certified as accessibility professional, you are welcome to benefit from our recently launched DARE Academy Scholarship Fund. A program that is dedicated to opening new potentials for persons with disabilities who are interested in and passionate about advocating for digital accessibility and to get certified as professionals in this field. This scholarship fund will enable potential candidates to have free access to G3ict’s International Association of Accessibility Professionals’ education material and examination process in partnership with Princeton University.
Why a person engaged in digital accessibility advocacy should take the time to take the CPACC Preparation Course and Exam to become a Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)? Why is it relevant to become informed, proficient in technology, innovation, and digital accessibility?
- To better understand cross-disability digital accessibility challenges and opportunities.
- To make their own organization more accessible.
- To better negotiate with their own governments the availability of accessible products, content, and services for their own communities.
- To join a global community of Digital Accessibility Champions sharing to this end know-how and good practices in advancing specific advocacy initiatives.
- To strengthen their negotiation position with public and private sector representatives vin committees and task forces developing or implementing digital accessibility policies and programs.
In addition to being awarded a scholarship to get certified as an accessibility professional, awardees also receive:
- Access to the IAAP Membership for one year that consists of individuals and organizations representing various industries including the private sector, government, nonprofit, and educational institutions.
- Free registration for the G3ict's DARE Academy Webinar Series on Digital Inclusion. The series of webinars, based on findings of the DARE Index, are dedicated to contributing to the documentation process of countries’ best practices for ensuring the availability of a reliable and comprehensive source of educational references and awareness raising tools in the arena of digital accessibility and inclusive ICTs.
- An opportunity to participate in G3ict’s DARE Academy Global Network of Digital Accessibility Champions. The network is open for persons and organizations who are involved in areas of advocacy, awareness raising, knowledge development, and policy making around issues and strategies of inclusive ICTs.
To be considered for the DARE Academy Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a person with disability,
- Have the minimum of secondary education degree and be a minimum of 18 years to apply,
- Be working or actively engaged in the field of digital accessibility,
- Demonstrate a passion for promoting the rights of persons with disabilities in ensuring digital accessibility.
How to Apply
Applications are processed by the G3ict's Institutional Advocacy Division. If you are interested in submitting your application, please submit your application to be considered in Cycle 1 of the scholarship by August 15, 2021 (11:59 p.m. New York time). Applicants must ensure all information provided is accurate and in aptly detailed. All questions and fields indicated with an asterisk sign (*) are required.
- Learn more about the DARE Academy.
- Visit the DARE Scholarship webpage for more details on the Program of Study, Selection Criteria, Important Dates, Scholarship Award Process and FAQs.
For any questions or further clarifications, please email us at email@example.com.