Making the Grade on Student Mental Health webinar now available online!
March 03, 2020
The webinar Making The Grade on Student Mental Health, presented by staff from the Mental Health Commission of Canada and board members and staff from the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) is now available online in an audio transcript with a PowerPoint of all presentations during the one hour webinar:
https://go.mentalhealthcommission.ca/timps This presentation held on November 20, 2019 covers the Post-Secondary Student Mental Health Standard (PSS Standard) and the Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary (TIM PS) training course.
With 2 million students in post-secondary institutions in Canada, mental health is a growing and pressing societal problem. The Mental Health Commission of Canada wants to help post-secondary institutions support and promote mental health and well-being for students.
This webinar covers the following topics:
Supporting mental health for post-secondary students
- Supporting mental health for post-secondary students
- What is a Standard? Why this PSS Standard?
- Who is supporting the creation of the Standard?
The Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary (TIM PS) mental health training program
- Overview of the program and concepts
- Course results and case studies
- How to get training on campus
Introduction to the National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS)
- How it supports students with mental health conditions
- Role in supporting the development of the PSS
- How TIM PS can be utilized and promoted on campuses across Canada
About the Post-Secondary Student Standard https://www.mentalhealthcommission.ca/English/studentstandard?fbclid=IwAR2T_bS-L_Kl6n8lmsnb5a4ncjZXILZhNybL2PcZYG5uFz6tN4SYZAwiEgY
About The Inquiring Mind Post-Secondary training program developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada https://theworkingmind.ca/inquiring-mind-post-secondary