Employment Assistance for People with Disabilities
There are a variety of employment supports to assist people with disabilities to obtain entrepreneurial funding or acquire resources for employment.
Every province has their own grants and employment support programs.
- For example in Alberta someone can contact their local Alberta Supports or Alberta Works Centre to investigate supports under DRES (Disability Related Employment Services) or Internship Program for persons with Disabilities.
- In Mannitoba contact EADP (Employability Assistance for People with Disabilities).
- Discover more in your region by conducting a Google Search for “disability, employment”
Accessibility Services can assist students seeking grants by providing information, needs assessments for assistive technology and accommodation verification while studying at AU. Contact Accessibility Services for more information.
Additionally Government funding programs from Employment and Social Development Canada are government grants and contributions that help support jobs, training, and social development. Below are some resources available from the federal government website.
- Enabling Accessibility Fund for mid-sized projects
- Social Development Partnerships Program - Disability: Performance and Accountability Framework
- Enabling Accessibility Fund - Small projects component
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities – Local and regional projects
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities - National
- Workplace Opportunities: Removing Barriers to Equity
- Social Development Partnerships Program (Disability component): Youth leadership
- Social Development Partnerships Program (Disability component): Financial security