When the need for the withdrawal clearly pertains to accommodation requirements or disability related factors such as change in condition, hospitalization, etc.; Accessibility Services will recommend a medical withdrawal. Before forwarding the recommendation to the Office of the Registrar, Accessibility Services will:
- request that you submit a doctor's letter or other specified document to verify the requirement.
- review potential implications on funding with you to
- identify what steps you will need to take now to protect your future eligibility
- prepare supporting documentation that may be required by the funding agency.
- review what impact withdrawal will have on academic standing,
- discuss what recommendations can be made related to the grade that will appear on the academic record.
- discuss what recommendations can be made regarding refunds based on time of enrollment, condition of course materials, reason for withdrawal, in accordance with AU policies for Refunds and Returns.
- Upon your acceptance of the above, Accessibility Services will forward the request and recommendations to the Office of the Registrar for approval and processing.
- Accessibility Services will provide confirmation of the decision.
- Subject to the payment of fees, you may re-register in the course at any time. A learning resources fee may also be applied if the course has been revised.