How to Request Alternate Format Course Material
Students need to be registered with ASD in order to be assessed for this accommodation. If you are not registered with ASD for services, please begin the process at How to Apply.
- Identify the courses that you plan to register in. Allow at least two months before the course start date.
- Check the Athabasca University course syllabus page for the courses you intend to register in and identify the materials you will require.
- If you have specific questions about the content, format or layout of the materials, contact the Course Coordinator (often identified on the syllabus) or Academic Centre that offers the course.
- Complete the Alternate Format Course Materials Request Form and submit it to ASD. If you are unable to use this form contact ASD for assistance.
- An alternate format course material assessment is required at the initial request and if student needs change.
- Materials that are prepared by ASD will be forwarded to you through the mail or electronically.
- For all subsequent semesters, complete and submit the Alternative Format Course Materials Request Form to ASD for all courses that you pre-register in.
Please note: There may be fees for the preparation of materials. As a result of your permanent disabling condition you may be eligible to apply for financial assistance for Alternate Format Course Material production supports. Please contact our office by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 1-800-788-9041 press 3 then 1 then extension 3424 in order to schedule an appointment to discuss how to apply for financial assistance.
If you have received funding to cover associated costs, you will be responsible for making payment and submitting the invoices or receipts and any remaining money to the funding sponsor. You should familiarize yourself with the sponsors’ guidelines and timelines for accountability to ensure you are eligible for ongoing funding.
If you require further information, contact ASD.